The 17th Annual Saratoga Chowderfest (part of the 18th annual Winterfest) sets the record for number of participants!
The Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau’s 2015 Chowderfest results:
- 93 outlets (up from 86 last year), including 4 new Convention Bureau members: Andy’s Adirondack Grille, BWP, Lazy Dog Cookie Company, and Legends Cafe.
- 18 first-time Chowderfest contestants, including 15 Church, Alaturco Mediterranean Grill, Andy’s Adirondack Grille, The Barrelhouse, BWP, Excelsior Springs, Dock Brown’s Lakeside Tavern, Halfmoon Cellars Winery, Harvey’s Irish Pub, Lazy Dog Cookie Company, Mingle on the Avenue, Mini Me Pups Pet Boutique, Paddock Lounge, Pasta Pane, Saratoga Olive Oil, Savory Pantry, TC Paris & Three Vines
- 15,000 bowls of chowder served
- 30,000 people on the streets
- Discounted hotel specials were available for the weekend
- Long sleeved t-shirts are available at the Convention Bureau’s office
New this year:
- Over 1,000 people rode the free shuttles from Wilton Mall and Saratoga Casino & Raceway.
- Sold hundreds of t-shirts at the Saratoga Downtowner Motel from 2-4 PM
Chowderfest 2015 Winners (by vote of the chowder consumers themselves)
- People's Choice: Druthers
- People's Choice under 1,000 bowls: West Side Sports Bar and Grill
- Most Chowder Served: Druthers
- Best On Broadway: Druthers
- Best Off Broadway: Seven Horse Pub
- Best Non Downtown: Longfellows
- Best Newcomer: Three Vines
- Best Dessert Chowder: TC Paris
- Dog Chow Down: Lazy Dog Cookie Company
For photos and video from Chowderfest 2015, please visit our Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/saratogachowderfest.
Thank you to all our sponsors! Chowderfest is presented by KeyBank and made possible by the Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau and Saratoga Springs City Center, Clipper Magazine, D.A. Collins Companies, DeCrescente Distributing Company, Inc., 101.3 The Jockey, MVP Health Care, Saratoga.com, The Saratogian, Saratoga Today Newspaper, Townsquare Media, Westminster Cracker Company, FastSigns of Saratoga Springs, Fingerpaint, Hat sational, Liberty Tax Service, Narragansett, Nemer CJDR of Saratoga, Price Chopper, Saratoga Casino and Raceway, Stewart’s Shops, Upstate Transit of Saratoga, LLC, The Wesley Community, Wilton Mall at Saratoga, Adirondack Trust Company, Bonacio Construction, Halfmoon Cellars, Saratoga’s Community Federal Credit Union and Trustco Bank.