Saratoga Springs, NY – Discover Saratoga is excited to announce the winners of Saratoga Chowder Fest ‘N Tour, which was held Saturday, March 19, 2022, through Saturday, March 26, 2022. Chowder lovers had the opportunity to dine-in or purchase pints and quarts of chowder to-go at participating locations throughout the week. The 24th Annual Chowderfest celebration took place on Saturday, March 26 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Event-goers sampled a variety of chowder from participating vendors for $2 each and voted for their favorite. Winners were chosen in eight different categories, which was announced at the Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Visitor Center during the Annual Award Ceremony on Saturday, March 26 at 6:30 p.m. The 2022 Saratoga Chowder Fest ‘N Tour winners are:
- People’s Choice 500 bowls or less: The Mill on Round Lake, Bubba Gump Chowder
- People’s Choice 501-750 bowls: Dizzy Chicken Wood Fired Rotisserie, Brazilian Smoked Seafood Chowder
- People’s Choice 751-1,000 bowls: Ribbon Cafe, Southwest Shrimp Corn Chowder Topped Tequila Lime Bacon and a Wonton Popper
- People’s Choice 1,001-1,500 bowls: Wheatfields Restaurant & Bar, Crawfish Cajun Corn Chowder
- People’s Choice 1,501- 2,000 bowls: Henry Street Taproom, Bacon and Pickle Buffalo Chicken Chowder
- People’s Choice 2,001-3,000 bowls: Parting Glass, Luck of the Irish Chowder
- People’s Choice 3,001-4,000 bowls: Cantina, Creamy Chicken Jalapeño Chowder
- People’s Choice 4,001+ bowls: Jacob & Anthony's American Grille, Jacob’s Chowder
Saratoga Chowder Fest ‘N Tour Highlights:
- 74 vendors including 12 first-time Chowderfest contestants
- 83,931 bowls of chowder served
- Over 30,000 people attended the event
“Discover Saratoga would like to thank everyone who participated, sponsored, volunteered, and celebrated Saratoga Chowder Fest ‘N Tour,” said Discover Saratoga President Darryl Leggieri. “After two challenging years, it was great to get back to some sense of normalcy. The support of our members, community and city officials is truly appreciated.”
Official Saratoga Chowder Fest ‘N Tour merchandise is still available for purchase at the Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Visitor Center located at 297 Broadway. Long sleeve shirts are $10 ($12 for 2XL), and hats are $7. For more information, call (518) 584-1531.
The 24th Annual Chowderfest is made possible by our sponsors: Saranac, White Claw, Driscoll Foods, D.A. Collins, Saratoga Springs City Center, 107.7 GNA, Q 105.7 Classic Rock, PYX 106, Kiss 102.3, Fly 92.3, B 95.5, Star Radio 93.3, Saratoga.com, The Saratogian, T-Shit Graphics, Black Dog Advertising, DePaula Auto Group, Westminster Bakers, Stewart’s Shops, Clipper Magazine, Renewal by Andersen, Julie & Co. Realty, Saratoga Today, The Daily Gazette, Death Wish Coffee Company, Lia Nissan of Saratoga, The Post Star, The Dark Horse Mercantile, Impressions of Saratoga, Junda Video Enterprises, The Magic Moon, Adirondack Trust Company, Live Nation, The Gideon Putnam, Roosevelt Baths and Spa, On The Spot Photos, and Shurable.com.
About Discover Saratoga
Discover Saratoga, known as the Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau, is a key economic development engine for this community; our mission is to contribute a positive impact on the local economy by promoting and marketing Saratoga Springs and Saratoga County as a world-class destination for meetings, conventions, and groups. For more information about Discover Saratoga, please visit discoversaratoga.org.