SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY—Discover Saratoga is excited to announce the winners of 21st Annual Chowderfest, which was held on Saturday, February 2 from 11-4. Event-goers sampled a variety of chowder from participating vendors for $1 and voted for their favorite. Winners were chosen in 7 different categories, which was announced at the Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Visitor Center during the Annual Award Ceremony on February 2 at 6:30.
The 2019 Annual Chowderfest winners are as follows:
- People’s Choice: Ribbon Cafe, southwest shrimp corn chowder with tequila bacon
- Best on Broadway: Thirsty Owl Bistro, seafood chowder
- Best Off Broadway: Dizzy Chicken, house smoked bacon poblano & corn chowder
- Best Non-Downtown: Ribbon Cafe, southwest shrimp corn chowder with tequila bacon
- Best Newcomer: Ribbon Cafe, southwest shrimp corn chowder with tequila bacon
- Best Dessert Chowder: Sweet Mimi’s, tiramisu dessert chowder
- Saranac Cup: Bookmakers at the Holiday Inn, Adirondack lager BBQ chicken chowder
- 96 vendors including 14 first-time Chowderfest contestants
- 138,000+ bowls of chowder served
- 40,000 people attended the event
Official 21st Annual Saratoga Chowderfest merchandise is still available for purchase at the Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Visitor Center at 297 Broadway. Long sleeve shirts are $10 ($12 for 2XL) and hats are $7.
Discover Saratoga (Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau) is a key economic development engine for this community, whose mission is to contribute a positive impact on the local economy by promoting and marketing Saratoga Springs and Saratoga County as a world-class destination for meetings, conventions, groups and visitors.