FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 8, 2016
THE 18TH ANNUAL CHOWDERFEST BROKE THE RECORD!
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. – The 18th annual Saratoga Chowderfest (part of the 19th annual Winterfest) sets the record for number of participants!
- 84 outlets including 3 new Convention Bureau members: Airstream Catering, Carson’s Woodside Tavern and Putnam Den
- 7 First-time Chowderfest contestants including: 62 Beekman, Airstream Catering, Carson’s Woodside Tavern, Diamond Grill at Embassy Suites, Knights of Columbus, Serendipity Arts and Cooking Studio, Spa City Trifecta
- 130,000 bowls of chowder served
- 45-50,000 people on the streets (record number!)
- Discounted hotel specials were available for the weekend
- Long sleeved t-shirts are available at the Convention Bureau’s office
New This Year:
- Over 1,700 people rode the free park & ride shuttles from Wilton Mall and Saratoga Casino & Raceway, 4 additional buses were added
- Over 860 people voted online, online voting was open until 5:00 PM
Chowderfest 2016 Winners: The winners-by vote of the chowder consumers themselves
- People’s Choice: Gaffney’s Restaurant, Southwest Shrimp & Grilled Corn Chowder with a Crab Popper Wonton
- People’s Choice under 1,000 bowls: Dock Browns Lakeside Tavern, Shrimp Corn Chowder
- Most Chowder Served: Druthers, Southwest Chowder
- Best On Broadway: Thirsty Owl Outlet and Wine Garden
- Best Off Broadway: West Side Stadium, Seafood Chowder with Clams, Crab, Corn, Potato topped with Fried Cornbread Stick
- Best Non Downtown: Dock Browns Lakeside Tavern, Shrimp Corn Chowder
- Best Newcomer: Carson's Woodside Tavern, Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla Soup
- Best Dessert Chowder: TC Paris, Mini Tirami-Sea Cupcake
For photos and video from Chowderfest 2016, please visit our Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/saratogachowderfest
Thank you to all our sponsors! Chowderfest is presented by Driscoll Foods and made possible by the Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau, Clipper Magazine, D.A. Collins Companies, DeCrescente Distributing Co., The Ice Man, The Jockey 101.3, Narragansett, Prestwick Chase at Saratoga, The Saratoga Hilton, Saratoga.com, Saratoga Springs City Center, Saratoga Publishing, Saratogian, Townsquare Media Albany, Westminster Crackers, Adirondack Trust Company, Amtrak, Courtyard by Marriott, Fingerpaint, Lia Auto Group, Market 32 by Price Chopper, NY Army National Guard, Residence Inn Saratoga Springs, Saratoga Casino & Raceway, Stat Staff Professionals, Stewart’s Shops, Time Warner Cable News, Upstate Transit of Saratoga, Wesley Community, Wilton Mall, Yelp, Amsterdam Printing, Bonacio Construction, Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs and Saratoga’s Community Federal Credit Union.
SAVE THE DATE: 19th Anniversary of Chowderfest is Saturday, February 4, 2017!
Contact: Todd Garofano President, Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau 60 Railroad Place, Suite 301, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 518-584-1531 firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau is to market and promote Saratoga Springs and Saratoga County as a world-class destination for meetings, conventions and special events. For information on how to schedule or plan a meeting, conference, convention, wedding, sports tournament of special event in Saratoga, visit the Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau’s website at www.discoversaratoga.org.