FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 6, 2017
THE 19TH ANNUAL CHOWDERFEST RESULTS
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. – The 19th annual Saratoga Chowderfest (part of the 20th annual Winterfest) results.
The Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau’s 2017 Chowderfest results:
- 87 outlets including 6 new Convention Bureau members: 2 West Bar & Grille, Next Door Kitchen, Bentley’s Tavern, Dunning Street Station Bar and Grill, Rising Sun Lodge No. 103, Free and Accepted Masons, The Mill on Round Lake
- 17 First-time Chowderfest contestants including: 2 West Bar & Grille, 23rd and Fourth/Next Door Kitchen, Bentley’s Tavern, BurgerFi, Campagna Restaurant, The Comedy Works, Dunning Street Station Bar and Grill, Fish at 30 Lake, Healthy Living Market & Café, Karavalli Regional Cuisine of India, Rising Sun Lodge No. 103, Free and Accepted Masons, Ravenous, Salt & Char, Saratoga Arms, Saratoga Stadium, The Mill on Round Lake, The Wesley Community
- 120,000 bowls of chowder served
- 35,000 people on the streets
- Discounted hotel specials were available for the weekend
- Long sleeved t-shirts are available at the Convention Bureau’s office
- Over 1,400 people rode the free park & ride shuttles from Wilton Mall and Saratoga Casino Hotel
- Over 1,100 people voted online, online voting was open until 5:00 PM
Chowderfest 2017 Winners: The winners-by vote of the chowder consumers themselves
- People’s Choice: Thirsty Owl Bistro, seafood chowder
- Best On Broadway: Thirsty Owl Bistro, seafood chowder
- Best Off Broadway: Gaffney's Restaurant, Southwest shrimp corn chowder
- Best Non Downtown: PJ's Bar-B-QSA, veggie corn chowder w/ optional choice of BBQ meat
- Best Newcomer: Dunning Street Station Bar & Grill, shrimp and lobster chowder
- Best Dessert Chowder: Sweet Mimi’s Cafe
For photos and video from Chowderfest 2017, please visit our Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/saratogachowderfest
Thank you to all our sponsors! Chowderfest is presented by DeCrescente Distributing Co., and made possible by the Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau, DA Collins Companies, Driscoll Foods, The Jockey 101.3, Q103, Saratoga.com, Saratoga Today, Saratogian, Westminster Cracker Co., QGNA, WPYX, Adirondack Trust Company, Amtrak, Saratoga Casino Hotel, Courtyard by Marriott Saratoga Springs, Stewart’s Shops, Time Warner Cable News, Upstate Transit of Saratoga, Wilton Mall at Saratoga, Price Chopper/Market 32, and Saratoga’s Community Federal Credit Union.
SAVE THE DATE: 20th Anniversary of Chowderfest is February 3, 2018
Contact: Todd Garofano, President, Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau 60 Railroad Place, Suite 301, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 518-584-1531, email@example.com
The mission of the Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau is to market and promote Saratoga Springs and Saratoga County as a world-class destination for meetings, conventions and special events. For information on how to schedule or plan a meeting, conference, convention, wedding, sports tournament of special event in Saratoga, visit the Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau’s website at www.discoversaratoga.org.