The entire Museum is now closed to the public for completion of the Hall of Fame Education Experience and other Museum projects. Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, the date of our grand reopening is still being determined. Please continue to check our website for more information as it becomes available.
The new Hall of Fame Education Experience opens this summer! The National Museum of Racing conveys the history and excitement of thoroughbred racing, while the Hall of Fame honors the achievements of deserving horses, jockeys, trainers and Pillars of the Turf.
Take a Tour!
Customize your touring experience at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame. Choose from among our many tour options - we offer both guided and self-guided tours of the Museum, as well as walking tours of the famed Oklahoma Training Track (May through October). Legendary race caller Tom Durkin leads guided Museum tours on most days during racing season. The Museum also sponsors tours of local breeding farms. We also offer an assortment of educational programs for children, scouts and photographers!
This world-class destination not only meets but exceeds the bar set by other national institutions dedicated to thoroughbred racing. A tour through the Museum sets you on an incredible journey through the sport’s history, from colonial times through present day. Surrounded by incredible works of fine art, opulent trophies and historical artifacts, visitors experience all aspects of this thrilling sport, from its most iconic moments and pageantry to what happens behind-the-scenes during a day at the races. The experience culminates with the brand-new Hall of Fame Education Experience, a state-of-the-art cinematic experience that invites audiences to feel the exhilaration of thoroughbred racing and reveals “what it takes” to be among the greatest of the greats.
Galleries and Exhibits include:
• The Horseplay! Interactive Family Gallery, where kids of all ages can learn about thoroughbred racing with hand-on activities like trying on jockey silks and "grooming" life-sized plush horses.
• The highly-acclaimed Women in Racing Exhibition, focusing on the profound yet often unsung role of women in the sport.
• The Ready to Ride! Thoroughbred Racing Simulator, which gives visitors their own opportunity to try to hit the finish line!
• The Official National Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame, featuring the Hall of Fame Education Experience, a state-of-the-art 360° cinematic experience and interactive plaques highlighting many Hall of Fame Members.
• Rent the entire Museum
• Rent the Sculpture Gallery
• Rent the Hall of Fame Gallery
• Meeting space is also available
Hours and Pricing
Seniors (65+): $15
Free for Members, Children under 5, Active Military and Family, Veterans, NYRA Employees, Kentucky Derby Museum and Kentucky Old Friends Members.
We want to stay connected with you! Become a Museum member and play a part in preserving the history and legends of racing while receiving access to special members-only events, the quarterly Museum newsletter, discounts on tours and in the Museum gift shop, and much more! More importantly, annual membership provides critical resources for the Museum, allowing us to preserve our mission and plan for the future. Become a Museum volunteer today! We are always looking for volunteers to help with tours and assist our youth and public programs.
Please visit our website or call 518.584.0400 or 1-800-JOCKEY4 for more information on the National Museum of Racing. >
- Elevators: 1
- Group_Capacity: 400
Credit Card Info
- Credit Cards Accepted: MC, V, AMEX
- Free Wi-Fi:
- Good for Groups or Parties:
- Public Washrooms:
- Gift Shop/Souvenirs:
- Motorcoach Friendly:
- Cash, Most Major Credit Cards
- On Site ATM
- Accessible Ramps & Curbs
- Sales and Service Counters: Accessible Design
- Serving Counters: Accessible Design
- Accessible Washrooms: Fully Accessible
- Exhibits Space
- Largest Room 400
- Reception Capacity 400
- Theatre Capacity 200
- Banquet Capacity 150
- Number of Rooms 5
- Classroom Capacity 100