Thirsty Owl Bistro wins People's Choice for second consecutive year
SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY—Discover Saratoga is excited to announce the winners of the 20th Annual Chowderfest, which was held on Saturday, February 3.
- People’s Choice: Thirsty Owl Bistro, Seafood Chowder
- Best on Broadway: Thirsty Owl Bistro, Seafood Chowder
- Best Off Broadway: Courtyard by Marriott Saratoga Springs, Smoked Buffalo Chicken Chowder, Blue Cheese Mousse & Chicken Cracklings
- Best Non-Downtown: PJ’s BAR-B-QSA, Taste Tour of American BBQ Corn Chowder
- Best Newcomer: Dizzy Chicken, Smoked Pork Belly Poblano Chicken Chowder
- Best Dessert Chowder: Ravenous, Salted Caramel Apple Chowder
- Saranac Cup: Bookmakers at the Holiday Inn, Brat & Cheddar made with Saranac Irish Red Ale
- 88 vendors including 14 first-time Chowderfest contestants
- 137,000 bowls of chowder served
- 40,000 people attended the event
- 20th Annual Chowderfest long-sleeve t-shits, beanies and recipe books are still available for purchase at the Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Visitor Center.
20th Annual Chowderfest was presented by DeCrescente Distributing Company and was made possible by our sponsors: 99.5 The River, Saratoga Springs City Center, D.A. Collins Companies, Driscoll Foods, Q103, Saratoga.com, Saratogian, Westminister Bakers Co., WGNA, WPYX, Saratoga Casino Hotel, Clipper Magazine, Courtyard by Marriott Saratoga Springs, Fingerpaint Marketing, Stewart’s Shops, Lia Auto Group, Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce, Saratoga Today, Wilton Mall, Adirondack Trust, Amsterdam Printing, Bonacio Construction, Inc., Mc Gregor Links, Prime at National Saratoga, The Wine Bar, Lyft, Leah Filter Gutter Protection, Green Mountain Power.
Discover Saratoga (Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau) is a key economic development engine for this community, whose mission is to contribute a positive impact on the local economy by promoting and marketing Saratoga Springs and Saratoga County as a world-class destination for meetings, conventions, groups and visitors.