As 2022 comes to an end and we look toward the coming new year, we wanted to let you know about the many celebrations going on in Saratoga!
Saratoga New Year's Fest
The Saratoga New Year's Fest is a reimagined, brand new two-day event happening on December 31, 2022 and January 1, 2023, and will include a variety of entertainment throughout the city of Saratoga Springs. Beginning on Saturday morning, the historic Congress Park carousel will be offering free rides to the public from 11am-4pm. Normally closed during the winter months, the carousel will be a special opportunity for families and attendees to enjoy. Weather permitting, Congress Park will also, for the first time, host a skating rink for public skating. At 6pm on Saturday, fireworks will kick off the celebration from the Lake Avenue side of the Saratoga Springs City Center parking garage. Attendees are encouraged to arrive downtown prior to the start with prime viewing at the following locations: along Ellsworth Jones Place, Maple Avenue, Excelsior Avenue, Lake Avenue, and in The Saratogian parking lot.
A mini Dance Flurry event will take place at the Saratoga City Music Hall located inside in the newly renovated Saratoga Springs City Hall. The event will feature a variety of performers with guided dance instruction throughout.
If you're a music lover, you're in luck! More than 20 different acts located throughout well-known venues in downtown Saratoga Springs will officially kick off at 7pm. The current participating venues include: Saratoga Springs City Center (three stages), Universal Preservation Hall, Putnam Place, The Parting Glass, Whitman Brewing Company, Bailey’s Café, The Ice House, The Wine Bar, Saratoga City Music Hall, and the Hampton Inn & Suites.
Event organizers are excited to welcome the Cowboy Junkies as this year’s headline show. Other performers throughout the night include Jeffrey Gaines, The Samples, Delvon Lamar Organ Trio, Deadgrass and Friends, Halfstep, Peter Parcek Band, George Fletcher Blues Band, The Bob Stump Tree-Oh, Kevin Richards, Jenny Grace Band, Grit-N-Whiskey, Maggie’s Clan, Triskele, Keith Pray Quartet, Cait Devin, Clare Maloney & The Great Adventure, Kevin Kelly, 18 Strings of Trouble, and Son of a Gun.
Anyone planning to celebrate Saratoga New Year’s Fest is encouraged to purchase their badges ahead of time. Event badges will provide full access to all venues throughout the night and may be purchased online at https://bit.ly/3Fa6dmw or in person at Adirondack Trust (main branch on Broadway), Impressions of Saratoga, Dark Horse Mercantile, Putnam Place, The Ice House, Bailey’s Café, and select in-city Stewart’s Shops.
The celebration will carry over into New Year’s Day, Sunday, January 1, 2023, beginning with the Saratoga First Day 5K. The 5K will start at 11am outside of the Saratoga Springs City Center on Broadway, proceeding down Lake Avenue to Excelsior Avenue and back to the City Center. Registration for the 5K is $30 for an individual and is a separate purchase from Saratoga New Year’s Fest tickets. Runners and walkers can register for the 5K online: https://bit.ly/3HbGfBX.
Additional Saratoga Celebrations
In addition to the above festivities, be sure to take note of these additional celebrations happening around town:
- Artisanal Brew Works - Join Artisanal for their New Year's Eve Comedy show! Event starts at 7pm with hors d'oeuvres and small bites, dessert and drink of choice. The comedy show will start at 8pm (presented by Laughs on the Go). After the comedy show, all drinks are 50% off for the remainder of the night. There will be a complimentary midnight toast with their Italian Pilsner, Intermezzo. Tickets are $50 each and cover everything listed above.
- Bocage Champagne Bar - From 6pm-9pm, Bocage will be hosting a Chef's Tasting! Kick off the evening with a proper Champagne toast, then enjoy a six-course tasting menu paired with Bocage's finest wines & champagne ($135 per person). From 9pm-1am, Bocage will be counting down to the new year! Every hour on the hour, their team will open a very special bottle of Champagne from their private cellar. Enjoy an open bar and food stations all night, including cheese and charcuterie, oysters and caviar, and more! Tickets are $195 per person, or, join them all night for $245 when booked together!
- Children's Museum at Saratoga - The Museum is holding their "Noon Year's Eve" family-fun celebration on Saturday, December 31 from 10am-12pm or 1pm-3pm. Each session includes hot cocoa, face painting, science demos, and mini-maker activities. Tickets are $15.00 per person and are PRE-SALE ONLY – there will not be any tickets available at the door on the day of the event. Infants under 12 months are admitted free.
- Druthers Brewing Company - Druthers is offering a special six-course dinner with beer pairings to celebrate New Year's Eve at both their Saratoga and Clifton Park locations. This event is a single seating at 9pm and tickets are $75 per person (plus tax and gratuity). Reserve your seat by calling or book via Resy.
- Harvey's Restaurant and Bar - Enjoy a New Year's Eve ticketed secret speakeasy in the Art Deco decorated library from 9pm-12am with passed hors d'oeuvres, premium open bar, and dessert bar. Prohibition cocktails and iconic looks throughout. Whether you are joining the secret speakeasy or stopping by for dinner and drinks, dress to impress in your 20's best. Click here to purchase your exclusive tickets to this NYE experience.
- Jacob and Anthony's - Celebrate New Year's Eve at Jacob and Anthony's! Enjoy a special New Year's Eve menu. There will also be live music, an ice bar and the fireworks will take place across the street at 6pm. For reservations, please call (518) 871-1600.
- Nashville of Saratoga - Celebrate the new year Nashville-style for 2 days, 12/30 and 12/31. You request it and DJ Eric C will play it. No cover charge.
- The Night Owl - Join The Night Owl for a very special party to ring in the new year! 3 DJs, 3 rooms, & open premium bar 9pm-12am with dinner by La Capital Tacos, $100 per person. Purchase tickets here.
- Saratoga Strike Zone - Several celebrations will be happening at the Saratoga Strike Zone! Enjoy the New Year's Eve Family Party from 5-7pm or 8-10pm. Cost is $100 per lane (max six people per lane), which includes 2 hours of unlimited bowling, shoes, music, videos, light show, pizza, and more! From 11pm-1am, "strike" in the new year as they transform the bowling center into party central with music, light show, hats, noisemakers, champagne, finger foods, and 2 hours of bowling. Cost is $35 per person. Call (518) 584-6460 for reservations.
- Saratoga Winery - Ring in the new year at Saratoga Winery's New Year's Eve Bash! Enjoy music by the Yacht Masters and the Vinny Michaels Band. Tickets are $125 presale and $150 at the door (gratuity not included) and include a 3-hour beer, wine, and cocktails open bar, an appetizer smorgasbord, late night snacks, and a sparkling wine toast.
- Vapor at Saratoga Casino Hotel - Turn it up on New Year's Eve at Vapor Nightclub for their Old Hollywood New Year's Eve Celebration! Celebrate with glitz and glamour, paparazzi and old Hollywood icons like Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Elvis, and Audrey Hepburn, live music by Ten Most Wanted, and their annual balloon drop! Purchase your tickets here: https://saratogacasino.fun/ra1.
If you're not planning on celebrating until midnight and are looking for dinner only (either dine-in or takeout), check out the following restaurants for special New Year's Eve menus!
- 15 Church
- Boca Bistro (dine-in brunch)
- Chianti Il Ristorante
- Forno Bistro
- Morton's The Steakhouse
- Seneca Restaurant
We hope everyone enjoys a safe and happy New Year!