Adirondack Experience, The Museum on Blue Mountain Lake, one of the largest museums in upstate New York, is the place for Adirondack visitors to deepen their appreciation for what's special about the region and to explore how people have lived, worked, traveled, and played in the Adirondacks from the 19th century right up until today. Adirondack Experience offers exciting exhibitions housed in twenty-three modern and historic buildings. Interactive, hands-on activities abound making the stories of the Adirondacks and its people highly engaging for children as well as adults. Open 10am to 5pm daily from late May to mid-October.
Life in the Adirondacks, the most ambitious exhibition in the museum's history, is a 19,000 square foot, $8 million interactive exhibition that includes:
• Amazing digital and hands on experiences.
• Hundreds of objects large and small.
• Exciting, immersive films and audio experiences.
• Virtual log drive experiences.
• Massive walk on map of the Adirondack Park.
• And so much more!!